Welcome

Welcome to the Revelatory Leadership blog! This blog is about my journey in learning leadership skills and principles. While I have several leadership roles, both formal and informal, I don't pretend to be a great leader who knows how everything *should* happen. I do have a Ph.D., but it is in Civil and Environmental Engineering, which pretty much has nothing to do with leadership skills. I have taken leadership training courses, and read many books on leadership, but I find that those really do not make you into a top tier leader, they just let you know things to think about and concepts you get to work out how to apply in your life.

My goal in creating this blog is to document my ongoing leadership learning. I firmly believe that great leaders continue to learn and, in fact, inspire a culture of learning.  I hope you will join me in this life-long journey of learning.

Why "revelatory"? This may seem like a bit of an awkward title for my blog. (And, in fact, most of the other names I thought of were taken :) ) However, I like the definition from Google and I think it fits and is appropriate:


This blog is all about learning things that I didn't know before, or gaining an understanding of how to apply leadership principles to current situations. I find that concepts in the abstract are difficult to understand but that if I try to apply the concepts to my current situation then I can understand and learn much more easily.

My several leadership roles include church, scouting, work, and family. I also coach a robotics team for 4th-6th graders. I will write to all of these topics, because I will be learning how to be a better leader in all of them. I hope this blog is helpful for you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be More Effective by Simplifying

The Law of Navigation